Every year after Christmas, the thought dawns on me…. A brand new year is coming. And I make a silent prayer that the new year will be better then the last. Personally I’ve been dealing with some things these last few months that have given me a sour taste on life in general and at times I find myself not knowing where to turn or how to cope. So this new year I pray for health and happiness and less stress for my family. In the grand scheme of things I think I get so wrapped up in the last couple rotten moments, that I’ve forgotten the many amazing things that 2013 has brought me. So I decided that this year instead of dwelling on the bad, I’ll focus on the good.
My top 10 “2013” moments
* I finally started my blog! (and to my surprise stuck with it…this January michelleleighwrites turns one year old!)
* Justin Timberlake FINALLY made his return to music….and I’ve fangirled my ass off and continue to do so. 😉
* I wrote, directed and edited my senior thesis which told the story of my grandmother’s struggle with Alzheimer’s disease.
Watch the Trailer below!
* I graduated college… Magna Cum Laude. And finally got the 4.0 semester GPA I’d been striving for!
* I had a kick-ass graduation party and got to celebrate with my family & friends! It was seriously one of the best nights of my life!
* My baby niece was born in May and at my graduation party I was asked to be her godmother! I baptized her in August! I also babysit her and it’s been a whirlwind of an experience being able to watch her grow and learn new things! I got to be apart a lot of her first holidays which was great!
*In July I hosted my very own Central Perk Party (you know from F.R.I.E.N.D.S) and had all my friends join in the fun, it was a blast, and I totally geeked out, because I’m a huge F.R.I.E.N.D.S fan!
* In August my best friend and I witnessed music history when we saw the legends of the summer tour with Justin Timberlake and Jay Z….and I saw him again this past November at Barclays with my other good friend.
* I started an online screenplay of sorts on this blog…. One that I’m really enjoying writing and developing;
*Alex & Sierra (my choice pick for x factor) wonnnn!!!!!! They’re music and chemistry and love is just so beautiful and they seem like genuinely good people, it was so amazing to watch them win!
So there you have it! What are some of your favorite 2013 memories? And for all those feeling a little bitter about the stroke of midnight, just remember 2014 is just another year and I’m sure it will have it’s ups and it’s downs…. But I’m hoping that overall it will bring better health, greater happiness, and a more peaceful state of mind for me and my loved ones, and for you and your loved ones.
With that said my resolution is….
Stop caring about what others think…
If you know me that means you are a part of my life and if you are that means you know my heart and that’s enough….otherwise it doesn’t matter…. Godspeed my friends…and Happy Healthy New Year!
Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014!
Please be good to us all!