So the past few Sundays, AMC has been replaying each of the seasons of The Walking Dead. This past Sunday was a Season 2 marathon. Which I have to admit, is probably my favorite season. As I watched these old episodes, I am reminded of how much I love Mr. Daryl Dixon. If you follow my blog you know this, hence I was Mrs. Daryl Dixon for Halloween this past year. I did a tutorial on my costume and I even made his angel vest. It dawns on me every time I catch an episode on in the summer, that I miss this show so damn much. October 11, isn’t too far away, right?
15 Times Daryl Dixon Gave Us Butterflies While Being A BADASS!
**WARNING! Spoilers ahead, if you are currently behind, DO NOT read on.**
*I apologize for some of the videos, but these scenes were super hard to find. I did my best.*
15. The Transformation of his character, he’s come a long way… *shout out to whoever made this!
14. Bromance; Rick & Daryl. “You’re my brother.”
13. Killing Dale, so Rick wouldn’t have to; “Sorry Brother.”
12. The epic “Morgue room” fight scene.
*clips of the scene @4:04 (this video is hysterical, whoever made this got the reactions down!)
11. Gives Beth her first drink.
*Spoiler Alert…He gives her Moonshine later…
10. Shooting the cop that shot Beth, and carrying Beth’s body out.
9. Motorcycles, Crossbows and Road Kill for breakfast-lunch- & dinner. (we’ve seen him kill/eat snakes, squirrels, rabbits, possums…the list goes on and on.)
“Brought Dinner.” haha
*And you can’t forget about the poncho…(because any guy who can rock an Indian printed poncho in the zombie apocalypse like a badass, is someone I wanna be friends with.)
8. His country boy slang/epic quotes.
7. Coming back to the prison just in time to save Rick.
6. Reuniting with Carol after the group was separated.
5. Saving Carol from walkers and the overrun burning barn.
*scene @ 2:52
4. Crying over the death of his brother Merle.
3. Flower for Carol, in honor of Sophia.
2. Searching for Sophia, and his intense determination to find her.
1. Feeding Baby Judith- whom he coined; Little Ass Kicker.
So if you watch the show, you know how well loved Daryl has become. He started off as a loud mouth, trigger happy, quick to act “redneck.” He didn’t care how he came off, and didn’t try to please anyone. But as you get to know him, even as early as season 1, we see his true heart. We see he cares about people. He continuously risks his life to keep others safe. He searched for Sophia, he saved lives over and over again. He forms friendship with Carol, Rick, and Beth. We see him take care of kids and women, especially. We see him resort to his anger and pushing people away when he feels he didn’t do all he could to protect his group. We see him become a leader, and Rick’s leading partner. We see him grow into a vital member of the group. Daryl’s transformation is outstanding. He is also funny as hell, his country boy lingo will crack you up. The things he comes out with. He’s definitely got some light funny moments in over the past 5 seasons. Daryl is a survivor, he has instinct and keen sense of what’s right. He’s always got some kind of plan. Knowing his childhood was an abusive one, only strengthens his character. He knows he is not without flaws, but at the same time, you can see he wants to do better than his father did. He wants to help people, and cares about people. Now I know there are a million other reasons why we all love Daryl Dixon, but I just thought I’d shed a light on a few. Can’t wait to see what he has in store for us this season. Hopefully a girlfriend, maybe? Because he deserves some love!
Hey AMC, I still have my Mrs. Dixon costume…I’m just saying 😉
The Walking Dead Marathon continues this Sunday with Season 3.
All in preparation for their new sister show; Fear The Walking Dead.
Premiering Sunday August 23, at 9pm on AMC.
I’m thinking of doing a First Impressions Review of the Pilot episode.
New Episodes of The Walking Dead return Sunday October 11, at 9pm on AMC.
*I do not take credit for any of The Walking Dead videos, images, or gifs used.*